Danish Cold Potato Salad
Dansk kold kartoffelsalat
Potatoes are a Danish staple, and treated with much respect. The potato is more than filler in Denmark, and a recipe from Denmark expects that you will take the time to prepare something delightful. Wow your friends with this authentic potato salad recipe.
- 2 pounds of boiled potatoes (sliced after they cool down)
- 2 chopped hardboiled eggs (cooled down)
- 2 tablespoons fine chopped shallot onions
- 3-5 fine chopped celery
- 1 fine chopped cucumber
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 dl heavy cream 38%
- 2-3 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 3 teaspoons French mustard
- 2-3 tablespoons vinegar
- 100 gram Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
To put on top
- 1 hardboiled egg
- 1 tomato
- Chopped parsley
- Cut the potatoes in small squares, and put them into a big bowl.
- Add shallot onions, eggs, celery and cucumber to the potatoes.
- Mix vinegar, cream, salt and pepper, and pour it into the bowl.
- Wait for 10 minutes and then add the mayonnaise.
- Place the salad in a cold place for about 1 hour.
- Add the lemon juice and more salt and pepper if necessary.
- If the salad seems to dry, add more cream.
- Before serving ad hardboiled egg, tomato and parsley on top of salad
LastUpdate: 2015-04-21 09:06:07