Danish Lamb Stew with spring onions - Denmark Recipe
Dansk lammekød med forårsløg
Country recipe from Denmark for a hearty dinner. It won't make you into a Viking but be sure to drink a skål and you'll be feeling like one.
- 1 lb lamb, e.g. shoulder, in cubes (approx. 1 1/2")
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 oz Danish Butter (Slightly salted butter)
- 3/4 pt water
- 1/2 oz finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 crushed clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 11 oz broccoli
- 3 oz full fat cream cheese, plain
- 12 oz spring onions, cut into oblong pieces (approx. 2")
- 9 oz mange-touts, cut into chunky pieces
- Accompaniment: 9 oz bread.
- Turn the meat in the flour.
- Melt the butter in a sauté pan over a high heat, but without browning.
- Fry the lamb's meat for approx. 1 min.
- Add water, basil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Boil, covered and over a low heat, for approx. 45 min.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets and the stem into thin slices.
- Add cream cheese to the meat and boil while stirring, until the cheese has melted.
- Add broccoli and boil for approx. 2 min.
- Add spring onions and mange-touts. Boil for approx. 3 min.
LastUpdate: 2015-04-21 09:24:14