Danish Meatloaf in Beer - (Kødrulle I Øl)
Kødrulle I Øl
Try this hearty Danish Meatloaf recipe. The Meatloaf is slow cooked in beer to give it a flavourful twist. A great meal for those cold winter nights. We recommend you try this recipe with Caramelised Potatoes or Danish Scalloped Potatoes (Creamed Potatoes).
- 2 pounds lean pork
- 1 pound smoked ham hocks (sometimes called 'Pork Knuckles')
- 1½ cups dry bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- Beer of your choice
- Ask your butcher if he could grind the pork and ham together, or do it yourself.
- Mix pork and ham with the cracker crumbs, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Form into a loaf.
- Roll in cheesecloth and tie the ends securely.
- Place the roll in a big pan and add sufficient beer to cover the loaf.
- Simmer slowly for 2 hours.
Tip: The leftovers are great in a sandwich!
LastUpdate: 2015-04-21 09:31:27