Danish Recipe Pickled Red Cabbage
If you are invited to a Danish home, you will almost certainly be served Rødkål. Every hostess has a slightly different way of preparing the Rødkål. This is the traditional recipe and a good place to start, but feel free to experiment.
- 25 gram butter
- 4 tablespoons redcurrant jelly
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon rock salt
- 500 gram fine chopped red cabbage
- Mix butter, jelly, vinegar, allspice and salt in a pot.
- Add Cabbage and let it boil for 15 minutes with the lid on medium heat.
- Remove the lid, and let it boil for 3 minutes high heat, until the liquid is evaporated.
LastUpdate: 2015-04-21 09:47:51