Danish Recipe - Pork Chops with Mushrooms Recipe
Danske koteletter med champignoner
Denmark has a well deserved reputation for some of the finest pork in the world. This recipe from Denmark will make your friends ask where on earth you learned to cook so well.
- 4 pork chops
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- Shortening for frying
- Mix salt and pepper into the breadcrumbs.
- Whip egg lightly;
- Turn the pork chops in the egg, and then turn in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat butter in frying pan.
- Brown pork chops lightly on both sides, and place them in a shallow dish.
- Pour drippings over chops.
- Cover and bake in oven 325 to 350ºF (160 to 190ºC) for about 45 minutes.
Creamed Mushrooms – Fløde champignoner
(Poured over the pork chops to serve)
- 2 cups of sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 4 buttered toast
- Lettuce for garnish
- Sauté mushrooms in butter until golden brown.
- Mix cornstarch, and half and half.
- Add to mushrooms and simmer, stirring until thickened.
- Put in cheese until it melts smoothly into sauce.
- Add salt, cayenne, and sherry.
- Serve over toast garnished with lettuce.
LastUpdate: 2015-04-21 09:40:11