Fish Dumplings - (Fiskeboller)
This is the traditional Danish recipe for Fish Dumplings. The Danes use Fish Dumplings as an ingredient in a variety of soups. Danish Fish Dumplings are tasty, healthy addition to vegetables soups, tomato soups and curry soups. Why the Danes only use fish dumplings in soups is unknown, as the dumplings taste very good on their own. Especially when they are customized to you personal taste, such as adding finely chopped carrots, red peppers etc.
- 1 egg
- 7 ounces milk 3,5%
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoon potato flour
- 1 white onion
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- Pinch of Salt
- 1.5 pounds fresh white fish (recommend cod or Pollock)
- Clean fish and remove all bones and skin.
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender, except for the fish.
- Cut fish in smaller pieces, and add a little at the time in the blender.
- Let the resulting meat mixture cool in the fridge for about an 1 hour.
- Make small dumplings with a teaspoon.
- Boil for 4-5 minutes in lightly salted water.
LastUpdate: 2015-04-21 10:06:46