Legless Birds (Veal) - Benløse Fugle
Why this recipe is named 'Legless Birds' when there isn't any bird meat in the recipe is anyones guess. However, whatever the name this is a very tasty traditional Danish veal dish.
- 1.5 pounds boneless lean veal
- ½ pound bacon
- ⅓ pound carrots
- 2 big sliced onions
- 1 bundle of parsley
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- Thyme dried
- 3 tablespoons concentrated tomato pure
- 25 ounces beef stock
- 8 ounces of cream
- Slice meat into thin steaks and flatten meat well.
- Season meat with salt and pepper.
- Cut bacon and carrots into long thin pieces, and place on top of meat with parsley mixed with garlic.
- Roll meat into a long cigar shape with the carrot, bacon, parsley and garlic in the center, and tie with cooking string.
- Roll meat rolls in flour and brown the meat and sliced onions on frying pan.
- Add beef stock, tomato pure and thyme
- Simmer covered for 1-1.5 hours or until meat is tender
- Take meat out of pot and add cream to the stock for the gravy
LastUpdate: 2015-04-21 10:09:26