Monkey Brains – (Abehjerne)
Don’t be afraid of the strange name, this traditional Danish meal is a popular Danish recipe for several reasons. Firstly, it’s a really tasty dish that most kids enjoy, perhaps in part because of the funny name. It’s quick, easy, and cheap to prepare. Finally, this is a heavy, hearty dish so in the olden days hard working Danish farmers would get plenty of energy after a hard days work.
- ½ pounds ground beef 16% fat
- ⅓ pound bacon cut into squares
- ⅓ pounds cocktail sausages
- 2 large sliced onions
- 1 can skinned tomatoes
- 8 ounces of cream 35%
- Fry bacon until browned, and place on a plate when done
- Brown the sliced onions in the bacon fat.
- Add ground beef.
- Add bacon, and skinned tomatoes
- Add cream
- Add salt and pepper
- Optional - Add ½ pound coctail sausages
- Cover and simmer for 20 min
LastUpdate: 2015-04-21 10:11:45