Roasted Ham in champagne - Champagneskinke
Traditional. Champagne like you've never tasted it before. An outstanding recipe for a special meal or a special event, this roasted ham will melt in your mouth.
- 15 pounds ham
- 5 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 13 ounces champagne
- 1 big onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Cut the garlic into smaller pieces and press inside of the ham.
- Place the ham in a roasting pan and cover it with water.
- Bring to a boil over the stove.
- Sprinkle ham with thyme.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Cover the ham and roast for 2 hours
- Drain ham of stock but keep 2 cups.
- Remove sin and fat from the ham.
- Pour the 2 cups of stock back over the ham.
- Add the champagne.
- Return to oven for 30 min.
- Baste the ham quite often
- Drain off the stock and reserve
- Sprinkle ham with sugar and add onions to the roasting pan.
- Raise oven heat to 500ºF und roast until brown and glaze.
- Remove ham to warm serving platter.
- Mix flour with the stock.
- Cook over low heat while constantly stirring until smooth.
- Carve ham and serve with sauce.
LastUpdate: 2015-04-21 10:32:48