Pork Tenderloin with Mushrooms in a Cream Sauce
Svinemørbrad med flødestuvede svampe
This is a classic Danish dish, and a personal favorite. The Tenderloin is cut into steaks, and served with a delicious mushroom cream gravy.
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 3 onions finely chopped
- 3 garlic gloves crushed
- 1 pound mushrooms
- ½ pound oyster mushroom
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and Pepper
- 3,5 ounces white wine
- 3,5 ounces chicken stock
- 8,5 ounces cream 35%
- 1 bundle fresh parsley
- 2,5 pounds potatoes
- Peal or scrub potatoes, and boil them for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Finely chop parsley
- Remove fat and tendons from the pork tenderloin, and cut it into 1 inch thick slices.
- Peel onions and chop
- Crush garlic cloves
- Clean mushrooms, and cut in quarters
- Clean oyster mushroom and tear into smaller pieces
- Fry onions and garlic in butter, and remove from frying pan. *Do not pour out the remaining juice*.
- Season pork tenderloin steaks with salt and pepper, and fry in the same frying pan which the onions, garlic and butter were fried in. Do NOT overcook the tenderloin. The tenderloin should be cooked just until all the pink is gone, and not a second longer or it will dry out.
- Remove pork tenderloin steaks from frying pan. *Do not pour out the remaining juice*.
- Pour white wine and chicken stock into the same frying pan where the tenderloin was just cooked, and let come to boil.
- Add cream and let boil for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place pork tenderloin steaks, mushrooms and onions into the cream sauce. Allow the meat to sit in the sit in the mixture for several minutes to warm up again.
- Sprinkle the dish with parsley and serve.
Serve with boiled potatoes
LastUpdate: 2015-04-21 10:22:20